What started out as a simple transaction quickly turned into a major scam quickly.I just wanted to retrieve some important data from a dead hard drive.

After a little research I contacted dataretreival.com partly because they had a 100% satisfaction guarantee. They informed me that it would cost $99 to rush the job, which I agreed to pay. After the intial eval they determined that it was a mechanical failure and needed lab work which costed another $399, which I also paid.

Too make a long story short, I ended up paying $2875, and after 2 months all I received was a fedex shipmnent that contained a dead hard drive.I am fighting the charges through my credit card to my money refunded, hopefully.

Had an Experience with Data Retrieval?

Comments

vharris

I am going to take them to court. The amount is too much money to just walk away. I can only imagine how many people they have stolen money from with this scam.

Why you not go to court ?

Gearbest - Changed price - have to pay more than advertised Gearbest "I bought a smartwatch. It was advertised as RM68.28. shipping is RM14. When in the payment page, I selected to use my GB wallet, which RM79, click to use GB..." Read more Gearbest - Order Number:WW1607220502277151  2 x dash cams $200 usd. SECOND HAND ITEMS RECIEVED Gearbest "HERE IS MY EXPERIENCE be wary... this dodgy company is a dumping ground for seconds, refurbs and defective junk! Hi, i recieved my order today and i am not happy, The..." Read more Gearbest - Avoid if you care about recieving what your ordered Gearbest "I ordered an expensive smartphone and Gear Best shipped it to France in a plastic envelop! No carton box except the smartphone where it is clear the product is a..." Read more Gearbest - Empty Box - No Phone Gearbest "I ordered a Umidigi Z Pro phone - but when the package arrived yesterday there was no phone - just an empty box. I contacted Gearbest customer support yesterday and..." Read more Buffalo General Medical Center - Burned my husbands arm and could care less just another day at The BGH Buffalo General Medical Center " Dear Mrs. Brownsey this letter is in response to your Letter sent to me on February 11, 2016 sorry it took so long to respond but after all yours..." Read more Thinking of purchasing Timberland Boots, but scared off by the ad. Timberland "I read good reviews on Timberland Boots, so I went to the Timberland site to check them out, which generated a email ad from Timberland. I'm not sure who Timberland..." Read more Craft Holsters - Unique hand made holster! Craft Holsters "Fantastic product made of top quality leather, nicely designed at the same time elegant , very strong and ... affordable! The stitching is particularly beautiful. It is a real pleasure..." Read more Moving Staffers - Biggest mistake EVER!!! Moving Staffers "Moving Staffers were recommending by UPsck. I though I was hiring a professional crew...not the case. I could have picked up high school kids and had a better job. These..." Read more